Tax Collector's Office - come visit us!
- Address: 8 Conway Street, South Deerfield
- Hours: Monday through Thursday - 9 am to 4 pm
- Payment Methods:
- Credit / Debit Cards (transaction fee applies)
- Send payments to:
Tax Collector, 8 Conway Street, South Deerfield, MA 01373
- Make checks payable to:
Town of Deerfield
- We do not accept Postmark: Payment must be received by our office on or before the due date or it is late. Mail is no longer sorted in our local Post Offices - All mail gets sent out to Boston or Hartford so be sure to give your mail enough time to make it to our office before the due date!
- Please do not mail cash
- If you would like a return receipt. Please enclose both Remit and taxpayer copies and a self-addressed stamped envelope and we would be happy to return a copy to you!
- Pay on the Town of Deerfield's website for same day credit to your account
- Payment Options:
- Checking Account Routing Numbers - $0.50 Transaction Fee (less expensive than a stamp!)
- Credit / Debit Card - Transaction Fee based on the type of card and amount you are paying
- Payment Options:
- Using Bill Pay online through your personal or business bank
- Please update the bill number and type of tax in the Memo section so we can apply your payment correctly
- When you make a payment through your bank online, they will issue an actual check and mail it to our office
- Please be sure to allow enough time for this transaction to happen so that we receive the check in the mail before the due date!
- Located in the Town Hall foyer
- Accessible 24 / 7
- Emptied daily and under video surveillance by the Police Department
- Enclose your tax bill and check together in a sealed envelope before depositing into the box
- No Cash
- If you would like a return receipt... please enclose both Remit and Taxpayer copies and a self-addressed stamped envelope and we would be happy to return a copy to you!
- Any check written to the Town that is not honored by the payer's bank for whatever reason and therefore returned to our office will be subject to the statutory penalty under the provision of Massachusetts General Law, Chapter 60, Section 57A of $25.00 or 1% of the face value of the check, whichever is greater.
- The payer will be notified by mail regarding the returned item and penalty fee. Repayment must be received within 14 days of the notice in the form of a bank check, money order or cash.
- If the returned payment was for a tax bill and the due date has since passed, interest and other fees will apply.
- Payments must be received in the Collector/Treasurer's office on or before the due date to avoid interest or fees.
- Postmarks are never accepted.