Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Charles A. Shattuck, III, Member
- Frank J. Leone, Member
- Francis G. Sobieski, Chair
Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 59, Section 2, states that "all property, real and personal, situated within the commonwealth, and all personal property of the inhabitants of the commonwealth wherever situated, unless expressly exempt, shall be subject to taxation..."
In Deerfield, Property Assessment is overseen by a Board of Assessors, each elected to a three-year term. The Assessors meet monthly (check the calendar for the next meeting). To get on the agenda, please call to make an appointment with the Assessors Clerk.
You may be eligible to reduce a portion of the taxes assessed on your domicile if you meet the qualifications for one of the personal exemptions allowed under Massachusetts Law. Qualifications vary, but generally relate to age, ownership, residency, income and/or assets.
You may be eligible for an exemption if you fall into any of these categories:
- Legally Blind
- Veteran with a service connected disability
- Surviving spouse
- Minor child of deceased parent
- Senior citizen age 70 and older
More detailed information about the qualifications for each type of exemption may be obtained from the Board of Assessors.
2022 Tax Rates
- Property Tax $15.17 per thousand evaluation
- South Deerfield Water $1.04 per thousand evaluation
- South Deerfield Fire $1.01 per thousand evaluation
- Deerfield Fire $0.51 per thousand evaluation
View the most recent tax rates (PDF) in our archive center.